Current Affairs of 17 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:17-Jul-2018
v One Liner Current Affairs
· Wholesale Price Index was 5.77% in the month of June.
· India’s first skill training centre i.e. National Skill Training Institute is in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
· Eighth India-Oman joint meeting held in Muscat, capital of Oman and it was attended by Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu.
· State bank of India will organize “Kisan melas” in rural and semi-urban branches.
· Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) will acquire 51% stake in Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI).
· Indian Wrestler Vinesh Phogat won gold medal at the Spanish Grand Prix in Madrid.
· France won FIFA world cup 2018.
· Novak Djokovic won his fourth Wimbledon title after defeating Kevin Anderson of South Africa.
· The projection of India’s growth rate by International Monetary Fund (IMF) is 7.3% for 2018 and 7.5% for 2019.
· Names of all arms license holders will be included in a national database and they will be given a Unique Identification Number (UIN) by April 2019.
· Tata Motors and Mahindra & Mahindra were the largest Research & Development spenders in 2016-17 among 25 automakers by spending Rs. 6344 crore together.
· Upgraded Vikas engine of “Indian Space Research Organization” will give thrust to heavy lifting GSLV-Mark III launcher.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB