Current Affairs of 18 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:18-Jul-2018
v One Liner Current Affairs
· G.C. Chaturvedi has been appointed as non-executive chairman of ICICI.
· United Nation agrees for first-ever “Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration” to better manage international migration.
· India’s supersonic cruise missile Brahmos was successfully test-fired recently, which has strike range of 290-300 Km.
· Anil Swarup Committee has been constituted by Union government to strengthen National Cadet Corp (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS).
· David Solomon will be new CEO of Goldman Sachs.
· Sagar S. Kashyap became the first-ever Indian and Asian to officiate as a chair umpire in Wimbledon.
· Indian Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won gold at the Sotteville Athletic meet in France.
· Google Doodle celebrated the founder of the Big Bang Theory Georges Lemaitre.
· United Nation Environment Programme (UNEP) has partnered with Google for monitoring the impact of human activity on ecosystem across the world.
· Japan has signed a free trade agreement with European Union (EU) named as Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA).
· IIT Madras has invented World’s first remotely operable Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) microscope.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB