Current Affairs of 19 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:19-Jul-2018
1. One Liner Current Affairs
· According to “Asian Development Outlook” by Asian Development Bank (ADB), India is the fastest growing economy in India.
· Turkey has lifted state of emergency after two years.
· Punjab National Bank (PNB), Indian Overseas Bank, Corporation Bank , Andhra Bank and Allahabad Bank will be infused by a corpus of Rs. 11,336 crore.
· Tenth edition of Delhi Dialogue with a theme “Strengthening India- ASEAN Maritime Cooperation” has been started in New Delhi.
· RBI will launch new Rs. 100 notes with a base colour of violet.
· Union Cabinet approved BRICS Regional Aviation Partnership Cooperation to establishing of an institutional framework to cooperate in the field of civil aviation.
· Cabinet has approved Fair and Remunerative Price (FRP) which is the minimum price that the sugar mills have to pay to farmers.
· Transport Ministry has proposed to made mandatory vehicle tracking system and FASTags for electronic toll collection for all commercial Motor Vehicles.
· Telecom Commission has approved TRAI’s recommendations on net neutrality.
2. Fugitive Economic Offender
· If for an offender warrant for arrest has been issued by a court in India who has left India to avoid criminal prosecution and who refuses to come India will be considered as Fugitive Economic Offender.
· The acts will be used for such case- Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881; Reserve Bank of India Act 1934; Central Excise Act, 1944; Customs Act, 1962; Prohibition of Benami Property Transaction Act, 1988; the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and Indian penal Code.
· The act will entitle Central Government after the verdict by a special court to confiscate the proceeds of crime of in India and abroad, whether or not such property is owned by fugitive offender.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB