Current Affairs of 29 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:29-Jul-2018
1. Think-Tank Summit between Nepal and India
· First think-tank summit between Nepal and India to foster greater knowledge sharing will be held in Kathmandu, capital of Nepal.
· The summit will occur annually and it will be hosted by both the countries alternatively.
· The aim of this think-tank summit is to increase mutual coordination and understanding through collaborations by different institutions.
2. Srikrishna Committee on data protection
· Srikrishna Committee on data protection has proposed penalties for violations, criminal proceedings, setting up data authority, provision of withdrawal of consent and concept of consent fatigue.
· Data Protection Authority will be an independent regulatory body responsible for the enforcement and effective implementation of the law.
· The proposed law denies retrospective application and the law will come into force in a structured and phased manner.
· It also proposes to amend Aadhaar Act to bolster data protection.
3. Riverine port by Odisha government
· Odisha government is all set to develop a riverine port on river Mahanadi near Akhadasali village in Kendrapada district.
· Four major port developing agencies – Hindustan ports Private Limited, Adani Ports and SEZ Limited, Essar Ports and Navayuga Engineering Company Limited will participate in the financial bidding.
· The first riverine port of Odisha will be connected to National Highways- 5a (now NH-53) and Haridaspur-Paradip Railway line for transportation of cargo.
4. FDI Confidence Index
· The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index is prepared by A. T. Kearney annually.
· India’s rank in FDI Confidence Index 2018 is 11 which are three places lower than last survey.
· India’s ranking is probably affected by GST implementation and demonetization impact.
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB