Current Affairs of 21 August 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:21-Aug-2018
1. Police Verification will be online from September
· Tamil Nadu police will provide facility for online police verification from September.
· The police will introduce the facility through the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS).
· Applying and downloading forms will go online for tenant verification, job verification and self verification or character certificate.
2. September will be Nutrition Month
· September will be observed as National Nutrition Month.
· The aim of this observation will be- ‘har ghar poshan tyohar’.
· The campaign will promote antenatal care, breastfeeding, fight anemia, convey message about importance of nutrition for girls.
· It will also aware about the right age of marriage and will also promote hygiene and sanitation.
3. One Liner Current Affairs
· T.P. Sharma has been appointed as new chief of Lokayukta of the Chhattisgarh.
· Elang Shakti, the first ever joint exercise of Indian air Force and the royal Malaysian Air Force commenced on 20th August 2018.
· Google honoured Urdu writer Ismat Chughtai with doodle on her 107th birth anniversary.
4. Asian Games Update
· Vinesh Phogat won gold medal in 50 kg category of wrestling.
· Young Indian shooter Lakshay won silver medal in men’s trap event.
· Deepak Kumar won silver medal in 10m air rifle.
· Sanjeev Rajput won silver medal in the men’s 50m Rifle 3 position.
· Saurabh Chaudhary won gold medal in 10m air pistol shooting.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB