Current Affairs of 29 August 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:29-Aug-2018
1. Odisha has inked MoU for Malaria-free state
· Odisha government has signed a Mou with the American agency “Malaria No More” and Indian agency “Malaria Elimination Trust” to make Odisha as malaria Free State.
· Roadmap for the malaria elimination will be designed by the two agencies and agencies will collaborate with various organizations of the state to complete the task.
· 1.3 cror4e mosquito nets were distributed in the state which was medicated with larvicides.
2. Science & Tech Council for Prime Minister
· The committee will have special invitee of 10 central ministries related to science, technology, energy, and education.
· A new 21 member committee has been constituted to give advice to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the matters of science, technology and innovations.
· The committee will be headed by the principal scientific adviser to the Government of India.
3. Horizon 2020
· It is an innovation and research programme funded by European Union (EU).
· Under this project, India and EU has signed an agreement to develop a next generation influenza vaccine to protect people worldwide.
· Indian government and the EU have agreed to finance 15 million Euros each to fund the joint project.
4. One liner Current Affairs
· Google Tez has been renamed as Google Pay.
· Manjit Singh won gold medal in Men’s 800m track at Asian Game 2018 in Jakarta.
· NASA’s Splitzer Space Telescope has completed 15 years in space.
· National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) will take over the management of Corbett Tiger Reserve.
· Satya S Tripathi will head the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
· Fourth edition of Asian Electoral Stakeholder Forum was held in Sri Lanka.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB