Current Affairs of 30 August 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:30-Aug-2018
1. Gaganyaan Mission
· ISRO will launch Gaganyaan mission as its first indigenous human space mission.
· The mission will enhance science and technology innovations in the country and it will also involve several institutes, academia and industry.
· The cost of the entire plan will be less than 10,000 crore.
· GSLV Mk-III launch vehicle will be used for the mission and a spacecraft of weight approximately 7 tonnes will be placed in Lower Earth Orbit (LEO).
· The mission will send three Indian astronauts (Gaganyatris) will be taken to space on board Gaganyaan spacecraft by 2022.
2. One liner Current Affairs
· Facebook has rolled out watch video service which will include interactive game shows, quizzes and polls.
· In a survey by BARC India, it is found that 95% of homes in 5 southern states have a television. These states are Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala.
· Dutee Chand won silver in women’s 200m event at the 18th Asian Game in Jakarta.
· Arpinder Singh won gold medal in men’s triple jump at Asian Games.
· Swapna Barman became the first Indian hepathlete to win a gold medal.
· Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide $375 million loan for the irrigation project of Madhya Pradesh (MP).
· Government of Rajasthan and World Bank signed a $250 million agreement to support electricity distribution sector reforms in Rajasthan.
· World Bank has signed a $220 million Loan Agreement and $80 million Guarantee Agreement for the Energy Efficiency Scale-Up Program.
· RBI has created a new unit to track emerging technologies like crypto currency, Blockchain and artificial intelligence.
· DBS has been named as world’s best bank for digital innovation by Global Finance Magazine.
· Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championship will be hosted by North Korea in 2019 and it will be held in North Korean capital Pyongyang.
· 99.3% of demonetized currency returned into the banking channel.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express