Current Affairs of 2 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:02-Sep-2018
1. Recent Summits
· BIMSTEC Summit held in Kathmandu.
· The G 20 Digital Economy Ministerial Meeting was held in Salta.
· Third edition of Indian Ocean Conference held in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam.
· International Ayurveda Congress was held in Netherland on September, 1.
2. Important Books and Authors
· Naveen Patnaik – Ruben Banerjee
· Republic of Caste - Anand Teltumbde
· The Disobedient Indians: Towards a Gandhian Philosophy of Dissent – Ramin Jahanbegloo
· Cutting the Gordian Knot: India’s Quest for Prosperity – T. N. Hari, Hari Menon
· Strike a blow to Change the World- Eknath Awad
3. One liner Current Affairs
· According to Bar Council of India (BCI) Ranjan Gogoi will be the 46th Chief Justice of India (CJI) after the retirement of current CJI Justice Deepak Misra on October 2 of this year.
· The Singphan Wildlife Sanctuary of Nagaland will be the 30th elephant reserve of India.
· Indian Post Payment Bank was launched on September 1, 2018.
· There is 71% surge in Income Tax Returns (ITRs) e-filed up to August 31, 2018 as compare to Aug 31, 2017.
· INS Sahyadri reached Darwin port of Australia to be part of KAKADU exercise 2018.
· NASA spotted water on the largest planet of our solar system Jupiter.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express