Current Affairs of 5 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:05-Sep-2018
1. One liner Current Affairs
· India’s largest warship Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd will raise around Rs. 750 to Rs 850 crore through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in this month.
· Karur Vysya Banks rolled out KVB Next, a tab-based digital initiative.
· Lockheed Martin and Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) will make wings of F-16 fighter jets in India which will give impetus to Make in India initiative.
· Arif Alvi has become the new President of Pakistan.
· International Women Entrepreneurs Summit 2018 was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
· Joint Military Exercise between India and Kazakhstan KAZIND will be conducted from September 10 to September 23 in Otar region of Kazakhstan.
· Bangladesh Naval Ship Somudra Joy arrived to the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam for a tour of four days.
· RBI has tighetened the banking ombudsman scheme to strengthen the grievance redressal mechanism for customers.
· UAE has started its Mars Mission named as HOPE.
· Maralal Camel Derby an annual event has been held in Maralal town.
· Fourth International Ayurveda Congress held in Leiden, Netherlands.
· France has banned smartphone use in schools.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB