Current Affairs of 6 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:06-Sep-2018
1. One liner Current Affairs
· Section 377 of Indian Penal Code (IPC) will not be applied to consensual same-sex according to Supreme Court.
· Telangana will have early election as Governor E. S. L. Narsimham accepted the recommendation of Telangana Cabinet to dissolve assembly.
· Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) will be an open-ended scheme i.e. it will continue indefinitely.
· Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) got contract for the supply of seven Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) systems.
· Saurabh Chaudhary won gold medal in 10m air Pistol at the ISSF Shooting World Championship.
· Ashwani Bhatia has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SBI Mutual Fund.
· Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh has been unanimously re-elected as Regional Director of World Health Organization (WHO) South-East Asia for another five year term from 2019 to 2024.
· India and Bulgaria signed agreements on cooperation in tourism, civil nuclear cooperation, establishment of Hindi Chair at the Sofia University and Cooperation in Science & Technology.
· Indian Army has selected SpyLite mini- Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for high-altitude aerial surveillance.
· National Green Tribunal has appointed a monitoring committee to prepare a time-bound action plan on groundwater recharge under the chairmanship of Justice S. P. Garg.
· Government has recently approved the continuation of centrally-sponsored umbrella scheme of Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitats (CSS-IDWH) till 2019-20.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB