Current Affairs of 24 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Updated On:25-Sep-2018
1. Citizen Charter
· Citizen Charter is a written declaration by a government department about its all the services.
· It also highlights the standard of service delivery that it subscribes to, the availability of choice for consumers, avenues for grievance redressal and other related information.
· It is not enforceable in a court of law but it empowers citizen and client so that they can demand committed standards of service and avail remedies in case of non-compliance by the authorized organization.
· On http://goicharter.nic.in portal Citizen Charter of all the departments and ministries are available.
· It is a method to build trust with the citizen as it gives a mechanism of speedy and effective redressal of grievances. Thus, Citizen Charter is a method of good governance.
2. One liner Current Affairs
· Ibrahim Mohamed Solih is all set to become the President of Maldives after replacing Abdulla Yameen.
· Fitch Ratings raised India’s growth forecast from 7.4% to 7.8% for the current fiscal year.
· “Village Rockstar” movie has been elected as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2019. It is an Assamese movie directed by Rima Das.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Sikkim’s first airport at Pakyong which is Greenfield airport.
· Nepal has doubled its tiger population to 235 from 121 in 2009.
· Peter Farrelly’s dramatic comedy film “Green Book” won Toronto International Festival audience prize.
· Mumtaz Mousa Abdallah became the Prime Minister of Sudan.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB