Current Affairs of 19th October
Neelakshi Das, Published On:19-Oct-2018
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will unveil a portal for corporate social responsibility (CSR) and volunteering in Delhi on October 24 in an ambitious bid to consolidate such efforts to maximise their effect and help boost the government’s initiatives.
- Developed by MyGov
- Organised by Ministry of Electronics and IT
2. Aadhaar data will be deleted if mobile customer gives alternative KYC documents - a directive from telecom body COAI
- COAI - Cellular Operators Association of India
- COAI Director-General Rajan S. Mathews
3. INDIAN FORCES TO CONDUCT MILiTARY EXERCISES WITH US, RUSSIA AND JAPAN in November.
- India and Japan will hold their first joint army exercise called ‘Dharma Guardian-2018’ held at the Counter-Insurgency Warfare School in Vairengte, Mizoram
- ‘Indra’ - India and Russia at Babina in Uttar Pradesh
- ‘Vajra Prahar’ exercise - - India and US at Mahajan in Rajasthan
4. Muzaffarpur’s Shahi Litchi gets GI tag.
- Recent fruit to get GI tag is Alphonso mango
- First product to get GI tag is Darjeeling tea
Appointments and Resignation
5. Government likely to appoint new CEA in next 1-2 months
- Former chief economic advisor (CEA) : Arvind Subramaniam
Awards and Recognitions
6. An Indian-American woman, Minal Patel Davis has been honoured with a Presidential award by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for her extraordinary contribution towards combating human trafficking in Houston.
7. N.D. Tiwari, former CM of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, passes away at 93.
- Served as the Minister of External Affairs in the Rajiv Gandhi Cabinet between 1986 and 1987
- elected thrice as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in varied stints between 1976 and 1977, 1984 and 1985, 1988 and 1989, and was for one term the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, between 2002 and 2007.
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express