Current Affairs of 26th November
Anjali Singh, Published On:26-Nov-2018
1. Ambedkar’s statue vandalised in Ambala
- Unidentified miscreants have vandalised a statue of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in Dadupur village near Barara
2. Amaravati will be made a world tourism hub: Naidu
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu said Amaravati had a vast potential for tourism development and it would be groomed as an international tourism hub.
- He was addressing a meet at the valedictory function of a three day airshow at Punnami Ghat on the banks of the Krishna.
3. Nitish unveils Buddha statue in Rajgir
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday unveiled a 70 foot tall statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir in Nalanda district
- Mr. Kumar unveiled the statue of Lord Buddha, the second tallest statue of Buddha in the country, in the presence of Mahabodhi temple chief monk Bhante Chalinda amid the chanting of hymns
4.“AADI MAHOTSAV” organized by Tribal Affairs Ministry continues in full fervour at Dilli Haat, New Delhi
- The 4th edition of annual “Aadi Mahotsav”, a National Tribal Festival organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with TRIFED and Ministry of Culture to celebrate and cherish the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce is underway at Dilli Haat, Shri Aurobindo Marg, INA till 30th November 2018, while the one in Central Park, New Delhi ended on 19th November.
4. National Cadet Corps (NCC),the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world,celebrating its 70th Raising Day, today. Director General NCC Lt Gen PP Malhotra, laid a wreath on behalf of the entire NCC fraternity.
5. Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff, Indian Navy is visiting Russia from 26 to 29 November 2018. The visit aims to consolidate bilateral defence relations with Russia, as also to explore new avenues for defence cooperation.
6. Open Transit Data portal for spotting location of cluster buses launched by Delhi government
- This portal was designed and developed by IIIT-Delhi.
- Thus, Delhi became the first city in the country to open up transit data of city buses.
7. On November 23, 2018, Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik inaugurated a week long annual ‘Jhiri Mela’ festival at village Jhiri in Jammu district.
8. On November 24, 2018, the Uttarakhand government chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, approved a total of 27 proposals including renaming the Dehradun airport after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
9. Foreign investors have pumped in ₹6,310 crore into capital markets this month so far, after pulling out massive funds in October, on easing crude oil prices and a strengthening rupee
10. Jaffer Sharief passes away
- Veteran Congress leader and former Railway Minister Challakere Kareem Jaffer Sharief, 85, passed away at a private hospital on Sunday following a cardiac arrest
11. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has condoled the demise of Shri Ambareesh.
12. InterGlobe Aviation, which operates the country’s largest airline IndiGo, said its chairman Devadas Mallya Mangalore passed away
13. International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, is marked on 25th November every year.
14. Harmanpreet is World team captain
- Harmanpreet Kaur was named skipper of the team of the tournament of the ICC women’s World T20 2018 based on performances during the 16day event held in the West Indies
15. International Boxing Association (AIBA) Organized Women’s World Boxing Championship 2018 at Indira Gandhi Sport Complex in New Delhi. India ended the Championship at 3rd position with 4 medals including 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze.
- China topped the medal tally with 5 medals including 4 gold and Chinese Taipei ranked at second position with 2 medals (2 Gold).
16. The Sixth Edition of International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s T20 World Cup was hosted by the defending champion West Indies. It was the second ICC Women’s World Twenty20 hosted was West Indies after 2010 edition.
- Australia defeated England by eight wickets in the final held in Antigua to secure their fourth Women’s World Twenty20 title.
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information bureau website