Current Affairs of 3rd December
Anjali Singh, Published On:03-Dec-2018
1. Ex Cope India-18 is the fourth edition in the series of Bilateral Joint exercise held between IAF and USAF, which is conducted in India. This is the first time, the exercise is being planned at two Air Force bases, Kalaikunda and Panagarh from 03-14 Dec 18
2. The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has called upon the medical fraternity to launch nationwide awareness campaign on the health hazards posed by modern lifestyle in view of the growing incidence of non-communicable diseases.
- Addressing the gathering after inaugurating GEM Hospital, in Chennai today, he urged doctors to visit universities and colleges to create greater awareness among students on the need for regular physical activity, eating healthy food and avoiding consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
3. China and the United States agreed to halt additional tariffs in a deal that keeps their trade war from escalating as the two sides try again to bridge their differences with fresh talks aimed at reaching an agreement within 90 day.
4. The Maharashtra Congress will begin the fourth phase of it Jansangharsh Yatra in western Vidarbha on December 4.
- The West Bengal government has set up a committee to address environmental challenges in the State, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
5. India to host G20 summit in 2022
6. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will co chair the 12th session of the India UAE Joint Commission meeting for Economic and Technical Cooperation with her counterpart, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, in Abu Dhabi during her official visit to the Gulf country on December 3 and 4.
7. Slowing inflation is likely to prompt the monetary policy committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to hold the key policy rate or the repo rate in the fifth bimonthly monetary policy review of 2018-19.
8. The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 2nd International Ambedkar Conclave in New Delhi as part of the commemoration of Constitution Day.
9. Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Shipping, Surface Transport and Ganga Rejuvenation inaugurated the second edition of Khasdar Mahotsav at the Ishwar Deshmukh College of Physical Education in Nagpur.
Appointment and Resignation
10. Raninder Singh became the first Indian to be elected as the vice-president of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
11. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has appointed former Uttarakhand High Court judge, Justice U C Dhyani, as head of the three-member committee to oversee rejuvenation work of the Ganga River.
12. Matthew Perry struck six goals, including the golden goal with a spot hit in the suddendeath chukker, to help Sahara Warriors pip Sona Polo 109 in the final of the 118th Indian Open polo championship at the Jaipur Polo ground.
13. Amit Dhankar won the 74 kg gold beating Vinod 51 as the Tata Motors senior National wrestling championship
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information bureau website