KCET 2013 Counselling Process
BARNITA MUKHERJEE, Updated On:28-Jan-2013
As soon as the result of KCET 2013 will be announced, the KCET 2013 Counselling will commence. A detailed date wise and rank wise schedule for Candidate Registration will be uploaded to the website. According to this schedule, every candidate who has qualified the exam and has been allotted a rank in KCET 2013 will visit the nearest Helpline Center as per the schedule, to begin with the KCET 2013 Counselling process.
For KCET 2013 Counselling, every Candidate will have to register their CET number in computer and after that he/she will be sent to the Document Verification Counter where the information given by the candidate while applying for KCET will be verified against their original documents.
After verification, the candidate will be returned all the original documents and only one set of Attested Photocopies will be retained for further usage in KCET 2013 Counselling. Then they will be assigned a verification slip and an acknowledgement card, which should be preserved carefully till the KCET 2013 Counselling is over.
Then the candidates will be sent over to the interactive session, where the candidates will be provided information regarding the choice filling, fee payment, seat allotment and college reporting and thus, it will be like a training session to guide the students about the whole KCET 2013 Counselling process.
- The schedule for the Document Verification stage of KCET 2013 Counselling will be made available in newspaper as well as on http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Prior to visiting the Helpline Center the candidates should carefully check the Date, Time and Rank Range as no individual information will be sent to the candidates regarding KCET 2013 Counselling start.
- The candidates should bring the documents mentioned in the information Brochure for eligibility and reservation proof and the ones mentioned for Govt. Colleges KCET 2013 Counselling.
- Candidates should bring one set of attested photocopies of original documents and two recent passport sized photographs as same as the ones pasted on the application form for further use in KCET 2013 Counselling process.
- A specific order has been mentioned in the brochure in which the candidates should arrange their documents.
- As soon as the Document Verification Process is completed, every candidate will be allocated a high security Password and User ID for usage in KCET 2013 Counselling. If however, a candidate forgets the password at any later stages, he/she will be given directions at the same time for setting a new password.
- After that, an interaction session for KCET 2013 Counselling will be held at all the Helpline Centers to brief the students about the remaining stages of counselling namely, fee payment, choice filling, seat allotment procedure and reporting at college.
- After the receipt of seat matrix from Govt., the colleges wise, category wise and course wise seat matrix will be uploaded to http://kea.kar.nic.in. This matrix will also be made available at all the Helpline Centers.
- After this, the next phase of KCET 2013 Counselling will start which will involve the filling of choices. Only the candidates who have become eligible after the Document Verification, will be considered for choice filling.
- Candidate can enter all the choices of courses for which he/she is eligible and for all the courses at once. Then the candidate will have to mention the colleges and courses priority wise for which he/she wants to be considered for KCET 2013 Counselling.
- A start and finish date will be mentioned for ONLINE Choice filling and the seat allotment for the next candidate will begin only after all the options filled by the previous candidate are exhausted for the search of availability of a seat.
- Candidate can change the order of the choices as many times as they want. As the choices will be locked on the last day only locked choices will be considered for the seat allotment phase of KCET 2013 Counselling.
- Candidates are advised to take out a print out of the frozen options entered in every round till the admission process is complete.
- Candidates are advised to carefully decide the order of the various choices they want to fill.
- The seat allotment phase of KCET 2013 Counselling will start form the seat allocation to Differently Abled Persons, then NCC and then Sports category as per the Govt. Seat Allocation Matrix.
- A separate Seat Matrix will be released by Govt. for the special category candidates and the candidates will have to fill their choices as per this seat matrix for KCET 2013 Counselling.
- The candidates should go through the brochure to see various details regarding the seat matrix for the special category, sports and NCC category. After every round of KCET 2013 Counselling the candidates should fill the new choices and the candidates who don’t fill new options will not be granted any seat in new rounds.
Downloading the Allotment Details:
- After the complete iteration of all the disciplines is completed, the admission round of KCET 2013 Counselling will start. The final list of admission round will be uploaded to the website and candidates should note the allotment of seats.
- The candidate will have three choices:
- If the candidate is satisfied by the seat allotted to him/her in KCET 2013 Counselling, then he/she would have to go to the helpline centers with the downloaded details and get their admission order and report to the college. Such candidates will not be eligible for the next round.
- If the candidate is satisfied with the allocation of seat, but wants to join the next round of KCET 2013 Counselling, he/she should put on the current admission in hold and if the fresh option is available, the earlier one would be cancelled and vice versa.
- Of the candidate is not satisfied by the current allocation, he can fill the fresh choices, and wait for the result of next round allocation.
Fee Remittance and Admission Order Collection:
- If the candidates are satisfied with the seat allocated in KCET 2013 Counselling, they can download the allotment details and challan and submit the fee mentioned via a DD drawn in favor of:
The Executive Director,
Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- After depositing the DD and other documents at the Helpline center, the candidate will be given an Admission Order and have to report to the college on the specified date to complete the KCET 2013 Counselling process. Later, they have to update the status of reporting to the college in their respective accounts.
However, if a candidate fails to report to the college on the day of reporting, he/she will be reverted back to the pool and the current seat will be cancelled.
Candidates may refer to the information brochure for further details on KCET 2013 Counselling.
To know detail about KCET 2012 please login into ulhttp://www.oureducation.in/Exam/KCET%202012/198
This article is written by Ankit Kr.
comments powered by Disqus