|Exam Full Name::||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
Anna University conducts T.N.E.A - Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions to enable a Single window admission process for admission into Engineering and Technology courses in University Departments of Anna Universities, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and for the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges.
Around1,37,800 seats are said to be available in Engineering Colleges all over Tamil Nadu. From 2012 additional 1200 Seats have been added In Government and Government Aided Colleges which sums upto a total of 3360 Seats.The total number of seats in self financing engineering colleges is said to be 1,34,481 seats.
TNEA is open to any Indian National however, admission policies vary from college to college and Non - TN students have to keep these in mind during the Engineering admission process.
Anna University will release TNEA 2013 Notification in the month of MAY 2013 which will have following information-
Online application Procedure
1.) The Application form and Prospectus can be downloaded from the official website of Anna University Chennai " www.tnce.in ". and Cost of the Form is . 500/-Rs (rs. 250/- for SC/ST) .
2.) Before apply TNEA online, prepare the DD with required amount. The filled application form along with demand draft of Rs. 700/- (Rs. 450/- for SC/ ST) in favor of The Secretary, Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), payable at Chennai should be submitted to the below address office.
3.) Make ready your personal details like Address, Date of birth, religion, community and community code, civic status of nativity and school, Annual income of parents.and also make ready your Educational details like Year of passing form 8th std to 12th std, Selecting examination, HSC registration number.
To apply for the Exam Candidates need to be passed their XII examination or its equivalent from Tamil Nadu Board or any recognized Board.
1. General Candidates must have minimum average marks of 50% and above in the qualifying XII examination or its equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
2. BC(Muslims) Candidates must have minimum average marks of 45% and above in the qualifying XII examination or its equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
3. MBC & DNC Candidates must have minimum average of 40% and above in the qualifying XII examination or its equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
4. SC/SCA/ST Candidates must have minimum average of 35% and above in the qualifying XII examination or its equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
1) It is an objective type test that comprises questions on technical subjects in the intermediate course.
2) In the test, there will be multiple choice type questions on Science subjects.
3) Time duration of the exam will be 2 Hours 30 Minutess i.e 150 minutes.
4) The only mode of instruction for the test will be 'English'.