1.Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain to be developed on the lines of Kashi Vishwanath Temple
- “Mahakaleshwar temple”will be developed at the same pattern of the ongoing development works of Kashi Vishwanath Temple which is situated in Varanasi. The temple is situated at Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh
- Mahakaleshwar temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and it is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas situated in different parts of the country and are precious to Lord Shiva.
- The cost of Rs 300 crore has been allocated for this proposed development of Mahakal temple.
- COMMITTEE:- A high-level committee of three ministers has also been formed to plan the development.
2.Western Odisha districts celebrating Agrarian festival 'Nuakhai'
- The “Nuakhai Festival” for the people of western Odisha districts is celebrated on the 4th of September this year.
- On this special festival People offer the newly harvested crop known as “Nabanha” to their respective deities.
- On this day “Goddess Samaleswari” is being worshipped into the state.
- Offering the Nabanha on this festival people enjoyed different types of dishes prepared from the newly harvested crop.
PM OFFICE NEWS
3.PM meets with the recipients of ‘National Teacher Awards’ 2018
- The Prime Minister congratulated the award winners of “National Teachers Awards” for their exceptional work at LokKalyan Marg.
- During the meeting, Prime Minister talked about the importance of using technology as a teaching aid.
- The awardees narrated their transformational work in bringing about positive change in the schools mentioning how “Atal Tinkering Labs” have enabled students to innovate and utilize technology.
- The Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre and The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal were also present at the event.
4. Lander Vikram completes 2nd and final de-orbiting maneuver successfully
- Indian Space Research Organisation told that India's moon lander Vikram is all set to land on the moon on September 7 completing its second and final de-orbital operations successfully.
- Vikaram's second de-orbital operations began at 3.42 AM using the “On-board propulsion system” and was completed in nine seconds.
- The landing on the Moon's south polar region will be between 1.30 AM and 2.30 AM on September 7.
5. 8 Apache attack helicopters inducted into Indian Air Force
- Indian Air Force inducted the “AH-64E Apache Attack Helicopter” at Air Force Station Pathankot.
- The Chief guest of the event was Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa.
- OBJECTIVE:- Apache attack helicopters are being purchased to replace the Mi-35 fleet.
- FEATURES:- The helicopters has the capability to shoot fire anti-tank guided missiles, air to air missiles, rockets and other ammunitions
- It also has modern Electronic Warfare capabilities to provide versatility to helicopter in network-centric aerial warfare.
- MANUFACTURERS:- Indian Air Force has signed a contract with ‘The Boeing Company’ and US Government for 22 Apache Attack Helicopters.
- The 8 helicopters have been delivered on the fixed schedule.
- The last batch of helicopters will be delivered by March 2020.
6. Cabinet has granted approval to capital Infusion by Government in IDBI Bank
- The Cabinet chaired by the “Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi” has approved the one time Infusion of Rs 4,557 crore by Government in IDBI Bank.
- IDBI Bank has already reduced its net NPA from 18.8% in June 2018 to 8% in June 2019.
- Earlier, LIC has acquired 51% (Rs. 4,743 crore) of its stake from the government in August 2018.
7. CEC Sunil Arora assumes charge as AWEB Chairman
- “Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora” assumed the Chairmanship of “(AWEB) Association of World Election Bodies” for the term 2019-21 India was nominated to secure the position at the last General Assembly held at Bucharest in 2017.
- At this meeting more than 110 delegates from 45 countries were present.
- The commissioner will remain with Election Commission of India till 2021.
8. Iran ruled out bilateral talks with US
- “ Hassan Rouhani, the Iranian President” close out holding any bilateral talks with the United States and also stated that he is not sure to further Iran's commitments to a nuclear deal.
- The step is taken with reference to the 2015 Iran Nuclear deal held between Iran and world Powers which Mr Trump unilaterally abandoned last year, and sanctions were imposed on Iran.
- The President cleared that Iran would agree to resume multilateral talks if all US sanctions on Iran were lifted.
- US President Donald Trump said that he is open to renegotiating a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers.
- Earlier, Mr Trump tightened the sanctions on Iranian oil exports in an attempt to force it to negotiate, Iran suspended two commitments enshrined in the deal.
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
9. Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2019 conducted in Washington.
- For the development of “Indo-US defence cooperation” a joint military training, Exercise Yudh Abhyas - 2019 has been conducted.
- VENUE:- Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington, USA
- DATE:- 05-18 September 2019.
- TITLE:- 15th Edition of the exercise.
- OBJECTIVE:- : “Exercise Yudh Abhyas” is the largest joint running military training and defence corporation held between India and USA.
- The Exercise is aimed at creating an opportunity to the armed forces of both countries to train in an integrated manner at Battalion level with joint planning at Brigade level.
10. India at top position in ICC test rankings
- India gained the top position at the World Test Championship beating the West Indies in the two-match test series.
- India scoring 120 points from two games gained the position.
- With this Virat Kohli has broke the record of India's former Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni to become India's most successful Test skipper after India's win in the second and final test against the West Indies at Kingston.
- New Zealand and Sri Lanka, who shared their series in Sri Lanka 1-1, follow with 60 points each.
source: THE HINDU, AIR, PIB, TOI, ECONOMIC TIMES, HINDUSTAN TIMES