Sign In
Name: GNDU CET
Exam Full Name:: Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test
Category: Law
Website: www.gndu.ac.in
image not available

GNDU CET

Description

PULCET Entrance Exam          Guru Nanak Dev University conducts CET LAW/LLB/LLM Entrance Exam called GNDU CET for admissions to various law courses.It is a state -level entrance test mandatory for students to seek admission in law program offered by the colleges of Punjab that are affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab University and Punjabi University, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.Guru Nanak Dev University came into existence in 1969 and is located in Amritsar, Punjab. Many institutions are affiliated to it, to cater to the educational needs of the society. After the entrance test counseling will be held for admission.

This Examination offers following courses-

1. Five Years B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
2. Five Years B.A. LL.B. and
3. Three Years LL.B.

A large number of students within the state of Punjab and out of the state can or will apply for the test. The exam is conducted in various centers across the country according to their convenience.

How to Apply:-

1.To Apply online at first log on the following website:

 www.punjablawadmissions2013.org

2. The candidates shall fill up online the application form very carefully. They are required to fill up all the applicable columns with utmost care. They are advised to remember their ‘password’ as the same may be needed at the time of counseling.

3. Each Candidate shall deposit counseling fee in any branch of State Bank of Patiala after taking out a print of deposit slip as per details below:
(i) Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Candidates: Rs. 600 each.
(ii) Other Candidates (Other than SC/ST): Rs. 1200 each.

No application form submitted by post/by hand will be accepted and the candidature of such candidates for centralized counseling will stand automatically rejected. Such candidates will have no claim whatsoever.
 

 

Exam Level

State level exam

Syllabus

Contact Information

Five year BA.LLB (Hons) program

The candidate must have passed their Higher Secondary Examination from Punjab School Education Board or from any other Board recognized by the university, with minimum 50% marks in total and 45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates. In addition, the applicant should be less than 20 years of age (22 years for SC/ST candidates) as on 1st July of the year of admission.

Five Year BA.LLB program

The applicant ought to have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from Punjab School Education Board or any other board recognized by the university with at least 45% marks in total. Exemption of 5% is there for SC/ST candidates. Also, the candidate should have age less than 20 years (22 years for SC/ST candidates) as on 1st July of the year of admission.

Three years LLB Law program

The candidate should possess an undergraduate degree of Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab University & Punjabi University or any other degree considered equivalent to it, with minimum 45% aggregate marks. Relaxation of 5% is there for SC/ST candidates. In addition, he/she should be less than of 30 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission.

Reservation of Seat: For admission in GNDU CET Law exam, 85 % of seats for LLB course at CET are fully reserved for candidates who are the permanent residents of the Punjab state. The other 15% of seats are reserved for candidates of all the other states on an All India basis.

Syllabus :-

GNDU CET LAW/LLB/LLM Entrance Exam has no particular set of syllabus.

For Three years LLB Law program questions will be asked from Graduation level,

For Five year BA.LLB (Hons) program and Five Year BA.LLB program questions will be asked from 10+2 level.

Examination Pattern :-  CET LAW/LLB/LLM Entrance Exam consists of Multiple Choice Questions and the exam paper is divided into four parts. 

Part I - Mental Ability - There are 50 questions in this section.
Part II- General Knowledge and Current Affairs - There are 100 questions in this sections.
Part III- Aptitude for Law. - There are 100 questions in this section.
Part IV- General English - There are 50 qustions in this section.

The Exam paper consists of 300 objective questions and Time Duration of the Exam is 3 hours. Each correct answer will fetch 4 marks to the candidate.
 

Prepare for other Entrance Exam


Back to top