Current Affairs 9th August
JYOTI RANI, Published On:09-Aug-2019
1. Bharat Ratna, the country's highest civilian award.
- Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee, late singer Bhupen Hazarika ,late Bharatiya Jana Sangh militant Nanaji Deshmukh was given the country’s highest civilian honour on Thursday as the Bharat Ratna by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Exam Takeaway :- The Bharat Ratna is often conferred as jewel of india , is the highest civilian honour for the person who has contributed to any exceptional service for the country.
2.Finance Ministry is considering “grandfathering” the surcharge on income earned by FPIs
- In response to the schemes announced in Budget the Finance ministry has decided to grandfathering the surcharge of the FPIs that are trustworthy, As announced in the Budget ( July), a Ministry official aforementioned.
- Exam Takeaway :- FPI ( Foriegn portfolio investment ) is the investment made by foreigners into the other country in terms of financial assets , i.e shares , debentures , bonds , etc… and in terms of money deposited into the banks.
3. Linking farmers with futures market will contribute to the higher liquidity into the market
- In budget speech finance minister has announced that the center has planned to create 10,000 new farmers producer organisations. (FPO) in the next five upcoming years , this move will help in contributing to trade in the commodity futures market.
- Exam takeaway :- commodity futures square measure agreements to shop for or sell a staple at a particular date within the future at a specific value.The contract is for a set amount.
- The 3 main square measures of commodities are food, energy, and metals.The most in style food futures square measure for meat, wheat, and sugar.
4. ADB (Asian Development Bank ) to give 200 million US$ special aid for state’s rural road project
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) confirmed that it's approved a $200 million loan for rising road infrastructure in thirty four districts of geographical area for higher property of rural areas with markets and services.
- Exam Takeaway:- ADB Headquarters :- Manila, philippines
- Secretary General :- Antonio Gutress.
5. BrahMos Missile to be deployed for maritime coastal defence
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) on Thursday approved the acquisition of a computer code Defined Radio (SDR) and the Next Generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries (NGMMCB) for the Navy. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the meeting, the first when the NDA came back to office.
- Exam Takeaway :- DRDO Headquarters :- New Delhi.
6. President approves NMC ( National Medical Commission ) Bill
- President Ram Nath Kovind on weekday approved the National Medical Commission Bill, 2019, paving the way for the institution of the country’s new regulator of medical education and Certification.The Minister represented the NMC Act as “progressive” legislation that may help scale back the burden on students, guarantee integrity in medical education, bring down the prices of medical education, change procedures,help to boost the amount of medical seats in the Republic of India, guarantee quality education, and provide wider access to individuals for quality tending. “It could be a game changing reform of transformational nature,” Dr. Vardhan aforesaid.
7. Uruguay star striker Diego Forelan retired from soccer.
- Forlan scored the very best five goals in the 2010 FIFA tourney. He was given a Golden Ball. The 40-year-old won the Premier League with Manchester United in 2003 and also the Galilean League in 2009 with Atletico.
- Exam Takeaway :- Uruguay currency :- peso , Capital :- Montevideo.
8., Gurugram-based OYO has appointed Mandar Vaidya as its CEO
- India's largest cordial reception chain appointed Mandar Vaidya as its CEO for South-East Asia and also for the Mideast to accelerate its growth in its aforesaid potential markets .
9. The Reserve Bank of India has proclaimed that the National Electronic Funds Transfer(NEFT) to be available at 24 hours
- The apex institution of all banks has cleared that NEFT facility are out there uninterrupted for the purchasers from December 2019. Currently, NEFT payment system operated by the Reserve Bank as a retail payment system is offered for purchasers from eight AM to seven PM on all working days of the week except ordinal and fourth Saturdays of the month.
10. Elangbam Valentina Devi, the new ambassador for chief minister’s Green Manipur mission.
- Manipur CM N Biren Singh has appointed a nine-year-old girl Elangbam Valentina Devi, as the 'Chief Minister'sGreen Manipur mission's ambassador .Elangbam Valentina Devi, a category V student, had planted 2 Gulmohar (royal poinciana) trees by the aspect of a stream once she was in school one.
SOURCE : THE HINDU, ECONOMIC TIMES , INDIAN EXPRESS , TIMES OF INDIA , PIB .