sell books sell books
Sign In


Your most frequently asked questions

Q1. I am in class XI. Is it possible for me to apply for studying in the UK?

Ans: Yes, you will find a number of options to choose from if you go to UK now: you could complete school by doing the A level, the AS levels, Scottish Higher. Alternatively, you may wish to do a vocational course or a diploma. All these will enable you to take up an undergraduate program, should you intend to do so later. Moreover, depending on the course that you take, it may be possible to obtain a few credits and get one to two years waived from your undergraduate program. Contact our expert counselors for more information.

Q2. When is the right time to apply to a UK university?

Ans: The academic year in UK begins in end September/ early October and also in mid Jan/Feb. Most of the UK universities/ colleges do not have any deadlines. The best time to apply is 8 months in advance. Our counselors would make you apply to the University of your choice.

Q3. Can I get a scholarship to study in the UK?

Ans: Yes, you can. UK offers Indian students a number of scholarships under a variety of programs. Most of these are for postgraduate study, although limited awards are available for undergraduate and research programs. For details contact our office.

Q4. I am currently studying for an undergraduate course in the UK and have got admission into a master's course. Do I have to return to India to extend my student visa?

Ans: Not necessarily. You could get your visa extended in the UK without returning to India. You will have to go to the Home Office, with the evidence that you have been admitted into a full-time course. You will also be required to show evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover both the tuition fee and living expenses for the entire duration of your stay.

Q5. Can my overseas relatives sponsor my studies in the UK?

Ans: Yes. You should get a sponsorship letter from them indicating the relationship and the extent to which they are prepared to fund your studies. Besides this, they would also be required to show evidence of financial support (e.g. bank statements, salary certificate, a statement from the Chartered Accountant, their source of income etc.).

Q6. Can I stay with my relatives while studying in the UK?

Ans: Yes, you can. You could also live on campus. This would enable you to use the library, IT and extracurricular facilities to a great extent. You would also get to know other international students better. Most institutions would be happy to arrange on-campus accommodation for international students during their first year.

Q7. English has been my first language throughout school and college. Do I still have to take the English Language Test?

Ans: Most British institutions require you to prove your proficiency in English only if it has not been your first language. You may be required to either take the IELTS test which is administered regularly by the British Council at all its centers. Alternatively, the TOEFL is also recognized by British institutions. Contact our office for further details, our counselors would be happy to assist you if you have any further doubts in this regard.

Q8. Can I take up a part time job while studying in Britain? What is the amount I am likely to earn and can I sustain myself on it?

Ans: Yes, you can. International students are permitted to work up to 20 hours a week during term time and full time during holidays. The amount earned varies from £6.8 to £12 per hour. Though this is generally not sufficient to sustain students, it does come in handy as additional pocket money. However, when applying for a visa, students must show evidence of full financial support from other sources to cover their tuition and living costs.

Q9. Can I take up a job after completing my course in Britain? Ans: Yes under the scheme of Tier 1 Post Study Work Permit (PSW). This scheme allow international students who have graduated from UK higher or further education establishments with minimum grade of 2.2 to remain in UK for 24 months after their studies in order to pursue a career.

Ans: Yes under the scheme of Tier 1 Post Study Work Permit (PSW). This scheme allow international students who have graduated from UK higher or further education establishments with minimum grade of 2.2 to remain in UK for 24 months after their studies in order to pursue a career.

Q10. We are interested in sending our children to study in a UK school. At what age do they start accepting international students?

Ans: Independent schools in the UK start accepting international students from the age of nine. You would however be required to arrange for a local guardian who would be prepared to take on the responsibility of your children as and when necessary. Many schools try and organize meetings between parents and those who are willing to act as local guardians.

Q11. How do I choose a university?

Ans: There are various parameters that you need to keep in mind when choosing a university:

  • Course content: does it suit your requirements?
  • Faculty
  • Teaching methodology: this is important particularly for the MBA, design related for practical courses
  • Facilities: library, computers, recreation, social welfare, accommodation etc.
  • International links
  • Location
  • Size
  • Cost

The strength of each department is assessed by its research rating, teaching quality assessment and student/teacher ratio. Contact our office for the most updated information on various universities in UK.

Back to top