Students interested to pursue their studies in Germany need to take Student visa for entry or popularly known as Residence permit in form of VISA.
Visa should be issued during the time of entry so you should be careful of timing while applying for it. You should therefore apply for it in good time. Normally German embassy takes 8 weeks time for processing and Issuing Visa Application.
Students have to fulfill the following requirements before being granted a student visa:
- A Valid Passport with one copy and 2 Passport Sized Photograph.
- Completed VISA Application Form and Required declaration in duplicate.
- Proof of possession of a school leaving certificate, i.e. A-level certificate, entitling you to study.
- Proof that you already possess German-language skills and/or that you plan to attend an intensive language course (at least 20 hours per week) in Germany
- Proof of sufficient funds to finance your period of study.
- Acceptance of a German university/language school/college and one copy
- Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany at least for entire course duration including Tuition fees and Living Expenses.
- A Health Certificate.
- In some cases you would need a blocked account (“Sperrkonto”) in Germany in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of Euro 7.905,- and the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of EURO 659.00
After the document check, an appointment for the mandatory visa interview in the German Consulate General will be scheduled. The Visa is issued when the student is assessed to be genuine students on satisfying all other conditions required.
For more accurate details on documents required for Student Visa contact Visa coordinator at Oureducation.