Reasons to Study in Ireland
- Ireland has an enduring tradition of providing quality education, and a long history of accommodating international students in universities, colleges and English language schools.
- Ireland is an English speaking country . and Irish too if you feel like learning something a little different!
- Like every other country Ireland has been struck by the global economic downturn, but there is an upside for the college student. The cost of living is declining rapidly, in particular with regard to accommodation, which was much costlier during the economic boom years.
- Ireland has a young, dynamic population with 40 per cent of the population aged under-25, which makes Ireland a top international student destination.
- Ireland is now a multicultural country; around 40,000 foreign nationals currently live here, about 10 per cent of the population. International students are highly valued contributors to the continuing development of this exciting new society.
- Ireland's worldwide reputation for friendliness is not a myth; a recent survey by internationally known travel publishers Lonely Planet's named the Irish as the friendliest people in the world.
- Ireland has a beautiful landscape and very temperate weather that is ideal for outdoor pursuits. Whether you want surf, hike, climb, cycle or simply stand back and appreciate the beautiful view, there's something for everyone.
- Ireland is a highly developed democracy within the EU, with a modern economy and a free media, all of which helps ensure a lively and innovative academic scene. Don't be afraid make your opinion known!
- Ireland is one of the safest countries in the world to live in; ranking 12th in the 2009 Global Peace Index. Of course this does not mean that commonsense does not apply when it comes to taking precautions.
- Most international students seeking an English language destination decide upon the UK or the US. Ireland represents something that's a little different, so why not come here. Variety is, after all, the spice of life!